In this episode we discuss how and why to start your snowball – how to discover and follow your “Bliss” and turn your unique interests, skills, passions and desires into a fun snowball – a side hustle, or business that allows you to live life on your terms.
Why should someone start a snowball on the side – aka a side hustle
- It takes time to build a business
- Building Audience – Best place to start especially if you have no money
- Building Reputation
- Building Experience
- Diversify your career
- Make Connections — being good people
- Discover your bliss
- Safety – Keep Your Day Job
How & Why To Follow (or Discover) Your Bliss
- Passions / Interests / Curiosity
- Dream big …. Just to get your big list
- Find alignments & adjacent interests
- Experiences, Groups of Niches/People
- Often it’s a blend
- Your unique strengths — StrengthsFinder, Kolbe
Types of Businesses you can start on the side to start your snowball
- This is an excellent way to start “figuring it out” and “discovering”
- Content Creation
- Blogging / Youtube / Podcast
- Making / Creating (woodworking, art)
- Ecommerce Hobby (start with an Etsy store, or something you collect)
- Arbitrage / Flipping / Book Selling / Ebay / Amazon FBA
“The Tattoo Test” – how to know if this idea is a good fit for your snowball
- Would you still want to be working on this in 2 years? 5? 10?
Welcome To The “Start The Snowball” Podcast
Embrace who you are
Start your snowball
So that you LIVE life on your terms
Hosts Cory Miller and Brad Osborne discuss their thoughts on starting a business online in 2021 based on your unique interests, passions, and skills.
What we call your “Snowball” – the business or side hustle that is unique to you, and helps you get freedom over your time and your income while doing something you’re excited about, love and helps others.
We call this your “Snowball”
For entrepreneurs, this is your startup, your new business, or even “Side Hustle” idea to earn you some extra bucks on the weekends.
For creators and builders, this could be the app you can’t wait to build, the book you’ve been waiting to write, the album you can’t wait to drop, or the Youtube Channel that’s been sitting in your mind for too long and you know the world needs to see.
Any which way you slice it, your Snowball is going to be your way of putting something good and creative into the world, and we want to talk about some of the lessons we’ve learned over the years from starting businesses, websites, building communities, launching products and courses, and building followings on social media and elsewhere.
What is a snowball and how do you start one?
Learn more and let us help you start your next snowball: